Monday, June 1, 2009

Why we must speak out!

I found this on a friend's blog and thought I'd share it with all of you. I agree with him we do need to stand up and speak out! It is vitally important. When Calvin and I went to Augusta so he could speak to the Justice Committee there were mere handful of RFSOs there. There are approximately 2,700 on the Maine Registry and that's not counting the friends and family members who are also effected by this. If even a tenth of registrants attended, everyone would have to sit up and take notice. Not everyone needs to get up and speak but showing up shows you are not willing to let them pass laws against us. Get involved! Write a letter, send an e-mail, or even just show up in Augusta! Please contact me for more information on what you can do. ladyfurebear@yahoo.com.

Why do RSO's just sit there and do nothing but complain? Either do something or quit complaining!


I have heard from many people who have been reading and leaving comments on this blog, saying how nobody wants to listen to RSO's or their families, and they say "Why try?"

It's that kind of reasoning why nothing is being done. And that is what the public wants, for RSO's and their families to sit back, shut up, and do nothing. So you are letting them win.

Either stand up and fight for your rights, or continue to sit there, saying "poor me" and suffer the consequences.

I cannot stand people who sit there, bitch, moan and whine about how they are being punished, yet they do nothing about it. Either shut up, or do something about it!

Many say, I don't want to expose myself to harassment, etc. Well, you are probably on the registry, so it's already occurring. Many have thought the same way, they'd rather hide in the shadows and hope something changes. Well, you will be waiting a very long time. So that is why you must act now and speak out now, don't wait, do it now. Harassment comes with the territory, I cannot tell you how many emails and other threatening comments I have received here, in emails, on video sites. Now I just archive the comments for my own records, delete them, ignore them, and move on, continuing the fight.

AGAIN, YOU MUST FIGHT FOR YOUR FREEDOM!!!

Send legislature a fax, snail mail, email or the best bet, set up and appointment with them, and meet them in person. Prepare notes beforehand, so you are prepared, and let your voice be knows. Don't just sit back and hope some "SUPERMAN" comes to your rescue, it's not going to happen.

Join the other organizations like SOSEN, ROAR FOR FREEDOM, and the others forums, prepare letters, donate money to help the cause, FOR GOD'S SAKE DO SOMETHING!!!!

I cannot stress the above enough, again, do something about it, or sit back, suck it up, and enjoy the punishment! http://sexoffenderissues.blogspot.com/2009/05/why-do-you-view-this-blow.html

2 comments:

No Flaming allowed, all comments moderated